Thursday, February 10, 2011
cricket
After Tata came back from Australia he was posted to Kolhapur.There we lived in an apartment.So one day Tata asked us if we understood cricket.We had never heard of such a game.So next day he went and bought a black board and chalks.He made us sit around it and explained us about the long leg,short leg, slip position, what was an over etc.After that we all became cricket match addicts.In those days there was only radio commentary.Prasanna, chandrashkhar etc were the bowlers and Sunil Gavaskar,Patudi. I can never forget those thrilling close finishing matches.Spinners were on the top those days.In the school we used to go to office to find out the score in between classes.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
And this is why Tata is such a great guy - so much enthusiasm for life! Tata I miss you!
ReplyDeleteI remember very well. He introduced cricket to us also. He bought a cricket bat for us when I was in 6th standard. He came from Hyderabad and taught us cricket in the front yard of Tuni house. And we all wonder how did he select that bat. That was an amazing bat with wonderful stroke. We played with that for almost 20 years. If I am not wrong, it is still lying in Tuni house somewhere.
ReplyDelete