Tomorrow is MahaShivaratri. Ammamma`s birthday. Tata loved MahaShivaratri.So Ammama had to prepare Sabudana khichadi,Boiled sweet potato in sugar syrup and lots of fruits.
I always think of Ammama at the end of feb - for some reason and I am not sure why - we always celebrated Tata's birthday because the date was fixed but with Ammama's birthday being on a shifting calendar (Mahashivaratri)?
I wish we had celebrated more of her birthdays with more pomp because she always celebrated all ours. Anyway at least from now every mahashivaratri i will do something.
It is exactly 8 years since Amma left us leaving a huge void in all our lives.
However I feel her and Tata's 'spiritual' presence constantly ...I think of and visualize them every morning in my 'guru braham guru vishnu guru devo maheswara ha' prayer) ...and before contemplating any actions in my day to day activities. I feel 'secure' knowing they are watching over me every moment of my life.
we made khichadi too
ReplyDelete:)
I always think of Ammama at the end of feb - for some reason and I am not sure why - we always celebrated Tata's birthday because the date was fixed but with Ammama's birthday being on a shifting calendar (Mahashivaratri)?
ReplyDeleteI wish we had celebrated more of her birthdays with more pomp because she always celebrated all ours.
Anyway at least from now every mahashivaratri i will do something.
Today is March 10th.
ReplyDeleteIt is exactly 8 years since Amma left us leaving a huge void in all our lives.
However I feel her and Tata's 'spiritual' presence constantly ...I think of and visualize them every morning in my 'guru braham guru vishnu guru devo maheswara ha' prayer) ...and before contemplating any actions in my day to day activities. I feel 'secure' knowing they are watching over me every moment of my life.
I am sure you all feel the same.
I still think about them EVERYDAY.
ReplyDelete