Tuesday, February 8, 2011

tatas return from Australia

Tata returned from Australia with a slide projector and lots of slides.I was the official operator of the machine.Tata used to give the running commentary.Intially I used to feel very important doing the job.After wards I used to avoid it.Then he had also brought lots of Tapes and a tape deck(spool player),And had methodically taped lots of music.I remember ~Autumn leaves`,Dave Brubeck,Etc.He also was given one beautiful velvet red color cloth with white lace by his professors wife for me.Khode the tailor made a lovely frock for me.Which was my favorite.Tata took us to Sambhaji Park and took photos.And of course we had Bhelpuri there.
Even When we were in Kolhapur every Sunday we used to go to udpi joint for breakfast and then Ice cream.I think it was called Salunke Ice cream.

3 comments:

  1. I know that red frock. I have a couple of those pictures too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh is that where the red frock came from? I wish you still had it mom!
    How come you all went to udipi joint for breakfast instead of some other type of cuisine? Weren't you all eating idlis and dosas everyday anyway?

    I miss sambhaji park bhelpuri - next time I go to pune we must do it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wonder what happened to that frock.I think amma converted it in to pillow cover.You know Tata, breakfast means south Indian and nothing else!
    For Baba`s birthday we will do all these things.

    ReplyDelete