Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Jam or Disco?

I have so many memories of Tata but some of them stand out more than others. When I was in the first year at PICT he used to check in on my financial situation from time to time - the status was always the same I was always broke. One day he said Chunmun I will ask your mother for more pocket money. What are you going to use it for? Buying Jam or going to the disco? I nearly fell over laughing. Only the cutest grandfather in the whole universe could ask such a question.
Chun

3 comments:

  1. I remember that.He always wrote to me as` Dear chandukutti`.How the girls were suffering and needed more money.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hw planned and plotted about what to write in the letter asking for pocket money for Chunmun and paplu. He will write all sob stories about how there is inflation and one needs to consider while giving pocket money.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was with him when he wrote the first pocket money letter. We wrote it together. He was running the sentence by me before writing it. We laughed so much. I remember Ammamma chastising him saying that PM and CM were sending what they could send and that the kids should manage with what they have. Then tata said "Chhhah! You can't even buy a batatawada at that chetta canteen for that money". Good man! Always kept his eye on the samosa or batatawada

    ReplyDelete